Another month, another countdown. For three months now, Usher is unstoppable at the top of my chart with OMG. Can Usher make it four in a row? It is a possibility but do you think it can happen?
That said, let’s start counting backwards.
5) Ne-yo stays on the same spot with CHAMPAGNE LIFE.
4) This is biggest shake in the countdown this month. From number 1, Usher’s OMG zooms down to four. That means, I have a new number one. Who and what song? That’s the big question.
3) Fantasia Barrino has proven that little steps in the right direction can make you successful. From five to four, Fantasia is number three with BITTERSWEET.
2) The newly-wed Alicia Keys is still unbreakable at number two. Her UN-THINKABLE (I’M READY) has conquered the R&B US Billboard for twelve consecutive weeks and it is probably counting for more.
1) This is the first time in history and a new-entry song has debuted as my number one. What’s more amazing about is it’s Usher. Upon the release of THERE GOES MY BABY, Usher has showed the whole world he is still an artist who belongs in the A-List.
There is nothing to complain about this song. Everything about it is pure magic. I am saying it all over again and I am going to say it again: THERE GOES MY BABY has a nice lyrics, has a nice vocals by Usher and has a nice music video and I cannot think of any reason why it can’t have a nice nod from the Grammy’s.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
This is not the first song that has immediately captured my attention the first time I listen to Raymond vs Raymond. I did even include it in my Top 5 Picks while writing the album review. But you what, I seem to realize this is the type of song that grows in you naturally. The more you listen to it, the better it becomes and, yeah, I just don’t get tired singing the chorus:
There goes my baby (oooh girl look at you)
You don’t know how good it feels to call you my girl
There goes my baby
Loving everything you do
Oooh girl look at you