Admit the fact that you are skinny and oftentimes, you hate being one. You want to be muscular like your other friends in your school but you just don’t know where to start.
Before pulling your leg to expensive bodybuilding equipment out there, you must first understand the reasons why you can not gain weight. Stronglifts.com has the answers.
- Lack of Food. Track your daily calorie intake using fitday. You’ll see that you’re not eating as much as you think you are.
- Wrong Food Choices. Foods like salad & spinach are healthy but won’t make you gain weight. You need calorie dense foods like pasta & nuts.
- Too Much Activity. A very physical job will burn much of the calories you eat. Without massive amounts of food, you’ll never gain weight.
- Training Wrong. You won’t gain weight doing isolation exercises like Curls. But you will with compound exercises like Squats & Deadlifts.
- Avoiding Fat Gains. Gaining weight without gaining fat is slow & hard. Usually it leads nowhere. Better: gain weight first, then lose the fat.
- No Consistency. No approach will work if you miss workouts, neglect to meet your daily caloric needs and change your approach all the time.
- Limiting Beliefs. You believe you have bad genetics, a fast metabolism and that you’ll always be skinny because everyone else is in your family.
- No Faith. You’ve given up all hope because everything you tried failed. You believe you’ll be skinny the rest of your life.
So, what are you going to do now? Start by helping yourself. Eat the right food. Remember: Nutrition always comes first before building muscles. Do it right.
Photo courtesy of: Photobucket