Six-pack abs. The term is not new to you. You like to have it. I want it too and everyone dreams of having it.
Truth is; everyone has a six-pack. These are the types of muscles that only become visible when your body fat percentage ranges from 10-12% (For Men) and 15-16% (For Women). To solve your body fat, you can use the link provided below.
I know, I know, every piece of information you need about six pack abs do exist. But wait a minute folks! Do not be easily tricked with the hype you regularly see in fitness commercials and on the Internet. If there are numerous information out there, pick only the safest details you can follow.
You need to understand the first step to having a ripped midsection is to understand its anatomy. Your abdominal has three parts: the Lower and Upper (Rectus Abdominis) and Obliques (External and Internal). Each area has a specific workout technique to follow and the training must be short but intense.
Thanks to Home-Workout-Routines and I have posted below the best ab exercises you can perform at home.
For your lower abs, HIP RAISES is good for you. There’s no need for any tool, you simply need your workout mat and your patience when it hurts for the first time.
For your upper abs, have you tried STRAIGHT-LEG CRUNCHES? If not, perform this technique without arching your back.
Perform JACKKNIVES for your obliques.
Or, the CROSS CRUNCHES -Variation with Reach
It is also possible to perform all-in-one abs exercises – the RUSSIAN TWISTS
The truth about abs, according to Vince DelMonte (the bestselling author of No-Nonsense Muscle Building Program and No-Nonsense Six Pack) is “the amount of muscle you have on your abs will determine whether you start seeing your “pack” poke through at 10% body fat or 6% body fat.”
Additional Exercise for your lower abs:
- Find yourself a DECLINE BENCH and a bath-sized towel.
- Roll the towel up into about a cylinder, about 6 inches high.
- Lay on the decline bench with your head toward the top and your legs straight with feet on the floor.
- Place the towel from left to right under your lower back and grab the bench behind your head with both hands to gain leverage.
- The towel increases the range of motion in your abs and also gives you incredible lower ab activation.
- Now, keeping your legs straight, raise them in the air until you’re in the shape of a “V” and breathe out forcefully at the peak contraction point.
- Lower your legs slowly but don’t give them a break at the bottom.
- Raise them back up in the air and continue back and forth until exhaustion.
- When you’re abs are toast, finish them off by bending your legs at the knees and doing “reverse crunches” in the same fashion, bringing your knees up toward your chest.
You can watch a similar exercise in this video:
What’s the conclusion?
Developing six-pack for your abdominal is certainly the greatest gift you can reward to yourself. It does not only make you look attractive on the outside but it also creates an equilibrium between your upper and lower body. Ripped midsection means great posture, great physique and great life. Want to solve your body fat? Please use this Body Fat Calculator.
Animated Photo courtesy of ASMIA